The Percival Provost T1 was an all metal single-engined two seat monoplane built as an advanced training aircraft for the RAF. The type entered service in 1953 with the first batch delivered to the Central Flying School at RAF South Cerney. The last production aircraft was delivered in April 1956 with the aircraft serving with the RAF until the early 1960s when it was replaced by the Jet Provost.
Jack Froelich, one of the Museum’s artists, has recently completed an oil painting of a Provost T1 flying in the vicinity of Little Rissington in the 1950s. The painting will be displayed adjacent to the Museum’s Percival Provost T1 cockpit (XF840) in the Merston Hall.