The Museum has recently acquired the front cockpit and cutaway engine of de Havilland Chipmunk T10 WZ876. This aircraft was built in 1952 and served with the RAF as a primary trainer until 1970. As civilian registered GBBWN, the aircraft was destroyed beyond repair in 1996 during a forced landing accident following an engine failure after take-off.
In 2002 Michael Long obtained the front cockpit and engine and over the next ten years refurbished both to a very high standard. In 2012 the Boultbee Flight Academy at Goodwood Aerodrome purchased WZ876 and used it as a systems trainer for their students converting to the Chipmunk.