From 19 July 2021 a face covering must be worn when entering this cockpit.
Chipmunk T10 WZ876 was built in 1952 and served with the RAF as a primary trainer until 1970. Later, when privately owned, it suffered an engine failure in flight and was damaged beyond repair during the subsequent forced landing. In 2002, Mr Michael Long obtained WZ876’s front cockpit and engine and spent the next ten years refurbishing the aircraft section to its present condition. The Museum acquired the cockpit in 2014.