The Tangmere Military Aviation Museum actively welcomes and encourages school visits from primary and secondary schools.
- Pupils free
- Teachers and helpers – standard charges apply
The Museum offers 3 options for primary school visits:
- Option 1 – ‘LEARNING WALKS’ – a programme of group activities suitable for ALL Year groups
- Option 2 – ‘WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE WAR?’ – a group activity for Years 5 and 6
- Option 3 – LEARNING BY RESEARCH – a group activity for Years 5 and 6
Full details of the options may be found in the School Teacher Information Pack (see below).
The Museum offers secondary school visits on an ad hoc basis to suit the particular school year in question. Option 3 is recommended for Secondary schools; full details may be found in the School Teacher Information Pack (see below).
School Teacher Information Pack
The Museum has produced a School Teacher Information Pack (revised 2019 edition) which can be downloaded by clicking HERE. The pack includes the following:
- Pre-visit information
- Information on the available options
- Notes for teachers on the content and organisation of each option
- Information on how the options are linked to the National Curriculum
- A teacher evaluation form
Booking A School Visit
To arrange a visit please email the Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Date of proposed visit
- School name and address
- Visit organiser contact telephone number and/or email address
- Number and age group of pupils (maximum 30 pupils per visit)
- Number of teachers and helpers
- Purpose of the visit
- Option requested (see School Teacher Information Pack above)
Please note: AN ADVANCE VISIT TO THE MUSEUM BY THE SCHOOL’S ORGANISER IS REQUIRED.
Health and Safety
Please click the link to go to our Health and Safety page and access our downloadable Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy (Revised 2019 Edition) document.