Tangmere Military Aviation Museum actively welcomes and encourages school visits from primary and secondary schools.
- Pupils free
- Teachers and helpers – standard charges apply
The Museum offers 3 options for primary school visits:
- Option 1 – ‘LEARNING WALKS’ – a programme of group activities suitable for ALL Year groups
- Option 2 – ‘WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE WAR?’ – a group activity for Years 5 and 6
- Option 3 – LEARNING BY RESEARCH – a group activity for Years 5 and 6, and secondary schools
The Museum has produced a Primary School Teacher Information Pack (revised 2018 edition) which can be downloaded by clicking HERE. The pack includes the following:
- Pre visit information
- Information on the 3 options
- Notes for teachers on the content and organisation of each option
- Information on how both options are linked to the National Curriculum
- A teacher evaluation form
- A Primary School Visit Booking Request Form
- Primary School Teacher Information Pack
The Museum offers secondary school visits on an ad hoc basis to suit the particular school year in question.
To arrange a visit please contact the Museum on 01243 790090 and provide the following information:
- Date of proposed visit
- School name and address
- Visit organiser contact telephone number
- Number and age group of pupils (maximum 30 pupils per visit)
- Number of teachers and helpers
- Purpose of the visit
- Option requested (see Teacher Information Pack)
Prior to any visit the Museum’s Education Officer will, whenever possible, contact the school organiser to discuss the arrangements.
The Education Department has also produced Quiz Sheets for both primary and secondary school aged children. These Quiz Sheets may be downloaded in PDF format by clicking on the links below.
- Primary School Teacher Information Pack (Revised 2018 Edition)
- Primary School Quiz
- Secondary School Quiz
Health and Safety
Please click the link to go to our Health and Safety page and access our downloadable Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy (Revised 2017 Edition) document.