News & Events
2007 is the Museum’s Silver Jubilee Year and the centrepiece to our celebrations will be a two day event run over the weekend of June 16th and 17th.
On the Sunday our new education centre will be formally opened and named the Neville Duke Hall in honour of our past Honorary President.
Among the many attractions expected in addition to all the Museum’s normal offerings we will be including:
- Veteran fighter pilot autograph sessions
- Open cockpit viewing opportunities
- Speed Record Club display
- Military vehicle display
- WW2 Costume display
- Control – line model aircraft flying
- Marquee with stalls selling aerojumble, books, pictures, models etc
- Sussex Speed Camera display
We are delighted to have received as a donation from his family, a set of tools previously belonging to the late Group Captain Alan…
On Sunday 17 July the Museum hosted a get-together of the families of three No 161 (Special Duties) Squadron Lysander pick-up pilots who…
In November 2005 McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR2 XV408 arrived at the Museum on loan from the RAF Museum. This loan delighted the Museum’s present…