News & Events
New Events for 2010
As part of a more pro-active approach to Events in 2010 the Museum’s Events Team is deep into planning a program that has activities in every month from March onward. The full program will be published on the website in time for the new season but some highlights will include:
- A Taste of Tangmere – the annual ‘sampling’ day in which visitors can come and see the many delights of the 2010 season at a nominal fee. This will occur on Sunday March 14th.
- Battle of Britain 70 Years On – the Museum’s main event with flying display, ground exhibits, music, re-enactment actors, open cockpits and much more. Sunday August 8th.
- A Lightning Experience. Presentation by an ex-Lightning pilot, a chance to sit in the cockpit of the Museum’s Lightning and an opportunity to fly our new Lightning simulator. This will occur on several dates throughout the year and will be available on an advance purchased ticket basis only. More details on the website as soon as they are finalised.
- Classic Car Club Day. Many fascinating cars on display. Late April.
- Model Aircraft Display. Large scale model aircraft. Model engine runs. September.
- Other events to be announced.
Few people know that Tangmere and Ford aerodromes and the sites for three others at Southbourne, Rustington, and Goring-by-Sea were purchased by the US…
As part of English Tourism Week, David Coxon, Tangmere Military Aviation Museum’s Deputy Director, will lead free 90 minute guided ‘RAF Tangmere Timewalks’ at…
The Percival Provost T1 was an all metal single-engined two seat monoplane built as an advanced training aircraft for the RAF. The type entered…