News & Events
New Catering Facilities
The Museum’s cafeteria reopens on February 1st under new management and is to be known as The NAAFI.
The new menu is sourced locally where possible and offered at honest prices. Visitors can enjoy fresh and delicious hot and cold lunches, sandwiches, and a wide range of cakes, plus fairly traded coffees and teas, available to eat in or take away.
Watch out for the daily specials, including breakfast deals served up to 11.30 am.
If visitors have any special dietary needs, or are bringing a large group to the museum, The NAAFI invites them to make contact in advance and every attempt will be made to accommodate any special requirements. The email address is email@example.com.
Indoor seating for 24 people is provided and extra seating is available outside for when the weather is fine.
- Hot Buttered Toasted Tea Cake: £1.60
- Buttered Toast with jam or honey: £1.50
- Homemade Flapjacks/Rock cakes/Bread Pudding: from £1.50
- Cakes & Brownies: from £2.00
- Sandwiches – fillings include Ham, cheese, tuna mayonnaise served with garnish from £3.25
- Toasted Sandwiches served with a fresh salad garnish –
- Cheese, Ham or Cheese & Ham: from £3.50
- Jacket Potatoes served with a fresh salad garnish –
- Cheese or Tuna Mayo from £4.00
- Pie & Mash or Sausage & Mash £4.95
- Ploughman’s Lunch £4.95
- Soup of the Day served with Baguette or Garlic Bread £3.50
- Coffee – small £1.25, large £1.50
- Tea – regular: Earl Grey: peppermint: £1.00 / £1.20
- Hot Chocolate £1.25 / £1.50
- Juices or Water £1.00
As we come to the end of another year, several changes have been made to our management organisation to take us in to 2017.
On Friday 11 November 2016, the Museum’s annual Armistice Day Remembrance Service was held in the Memorial Garden. In beautiful early winter sunshine, the…
We are delighted to have received as a donation from his family, a set of tools previously belonging to the late Group Captain Alan…