News & Events
Battle of Britain – 70 years On
This year’s main themed event held on 8th August was a major success with some 1,280 visitors in attendance. Vera Lynn Principal guests were our Patron, The Duke of Richmond, accompanied by The Duchess, and we were also honoured to welcome Dame Vera Lynn, her daughter and son-in-law. Five aircraft – Harvard, Hurricane, Spitfire, Dakota and Stearman Biplane gave excellent flying displays in bright sunshine during the afternoon.
Read our Battle of Britain feature.
- 1st: Flight in Goodwood Flying School’s Harvard. – Mr G A Goff, Chichester
- 2nd (x2): Trial flying lesson at the Goodwood Flying Club. – Mr G R Potten, Odiham. Mr H R M Thom, Arundel.
- 3rd: Three-day Cruise to Spain for four with Brittany Ferries. – Mr C J Mitcham, Horsham.
- 4th: Three laps of Goodwood Racetrack in an Aston Martin DB4 with Mithril Driving Instructor. – Mr M Stanton, Bosham.
- 5th: Painting of a No 1 Squadron Hurricane by artist Frank Friend. – Mr L Kruse, Cuckfield.
- 6th: Two tickets for the Shoreham Air Show 2010 – Mrs P Dunn, Warlingham.
- 7th: Framed print of “In Defence of Tangmere” by artist Paul Couper. – Mr A Seeley, West Chiltington.
- 8th: Voucher for two to Chichester Theatre. – Mrs M A Foister, Chichester.
- 9th: Family voucher for Worthing Theatre. – Mr L G Holland, Tetbury
- 10th: Vouchers for Goodwood Health Centre. – Mr R K Lord, Braunton.
- 11th: 40-minute ‘Experience’ of the Lightning Simulator (party of four). – Mr E Hancock, Bognor Regis.
- 12th: Framed aviation print by artist Tony Sargeant. – Mr K H Hough, South Godstone.
- 13th: Framed print of Spitfire by artist Barrie Clark. – Ms E Rumbol, New Malden.
- 14th: Model kit of Avro Lancaster -1/48 scale. – Mr S Dukes, Chester.
We are delighted to have received as a donation from his family, a set of tools previously belonging to the late Group Captain Alan…
On Sunday 17 July the Museum hosted a get-together of the families of three No 161 (Special Duties) Squadron Lysander pick-up pilots who…
In November 2005 McDonnell Douglas Phantom FGR2 XV408 arrived at the Museum on loan from the RAF Museum. This loan delighted the Museum’s present…