News & Events
Battle of Britain – 70 years On
This year’s main themed event held on 8th August was a major success with some 1,280 visitors in attendance. Vera Lynn Principal guests were our Patron, The Duke of Richmond, accompanied by The Duchess, and we were also honoured to welcome Dame Vera Lynn, her daughter and son-in-law. Five aircraft – Harvard, Hurricane, Spitfire, Dakota and Stearman Biplane gave excellent flying displays in bright sunshine during the afternoon.
Read our Battle of Britain feature.
- 1st: Flight in Goodwood Flying School’s Harvard. – Mr G A Goff, Chichester
- 2nd (x2): Trial flying lesson at the Goodwood Flying Club. – Mr G R Potten, Odiham. Mr H R M Thom, Arundel.
- 3rd: Three-day Cruise to Spain for four with Brittany Ferries. – Mr C J Mitcham, Horsham.
- 4th: Three laps of Goodwood Racetrack in an Aston Martin DB4 with Mithril Driving Instructor. – Mr M Stanton, Bosham.
- 5th: Painting of a No 1 Squadron Hurricane by artist Frank Friend. – Mr L Kruse, Cuckfield.
- 6th: Two tickets for the Shoreham Air Show 2010 – Mrs P Dunn, Warlingham.
- 7th: Framed print of “In Defence of Tangmere” by artist Paul Couper. – Mr A Seeley, West Chiltington.
- 8th: Voucher for two to Chichester Theatre. – Mrs M A Foister, Chichester.
- 9th: Family voucher for Worthing Theatre. – Mr L G Holland, Tetbury
- 10th: Vouchers for Goodwood Health Centre. – Mr R K Lord, Braunton.
- 11th: 40-minute ‘Experience’ of the Lightning Simulator (party of four). – Mr E Hancock, Bognor Regis.
- 12th: Framed aviation print by artist Tony Sargeant. – Mr K H Hough, South Godstone.
- 13th: Framed print of Spitfire by artist Barrie Clark. – Ms E Rumbol, New Malden.
- 14th: Model kit of Avro Lancaster -1/48 scale. – Mr S Dukes, Chester.
The Percival Provost T1 was an all metal single-engined two seat monoplane built as an advanced training aircraft for the RAF. The type entered…
Tangmere Military Aviation Museum reopens its doors to the public on Wednesday 1 February after its annual two-monthly closure. During this ‘closed period’ our…
At 25,738, the total number of visitors in 2016 was down by 10.0% on the figure for 2015 with the number of paying visitors…