Supermarine Swift FR5 | WK281
Built by Vickers Armstrong in the mid-1950s, WK281 joined No 79 Squadron at RAF Gutersloh, West Germany in April 1959 and was operated in the tactical fighter reconnaissance role until January 1961 when the squadron converted to the Hunter FR10. She was recovered to Church Fenton and very shortly thereafter was transferred to an ATC squadron at Uxbridge for ground instructional use. From 1967, WK281 was placed on display at several different RAF stations before being moved to the RAF Museum at Hendon in 1989 and subsequently loaned to Tangmere in 1994. Of the 193 production Swifts manufactured only a handful still survive.