Hawker Hunter Mk 5
WP190 was delivered to No 1 Squadron, Tangmere on 13th August 1955. When the Suez crisis erupted in August 1956, she deployed to Cyprus for five months with a Tangmere Wing of 25 Hunters for air defence duties. In mid-July 1958, 1 Squadron’s F5s were replaced by Hunter F6s and WP190 was allocated to RAF Bircham Newton as an instructional airframe. She later became a gate guardian before passing into private ownership. WP190 was restored by Raymond and Meryl Hansed of Gloucester and gifted to the Museum in June 2002 in dedication to the Aircrew Association in honour of aircrew past and present. Only two of the 105 Hunter F5 aircraft built now survive.